OPERATIONS MANAGER FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
Upper Canada Asphalt Inc. is searching for an experienced operations manager for their growing road construction business. The right candidate would be responsible for projects from start to finish; from initial viewing & estimating project duration to ordering materials & scheduling crews. For this position motivational & leadership abilities are key to ensure project deadlines & quality standards are met. The right candidate would be safety focused, & have technical & mechanical skills to trouble shoot & fix equipment. This position requires strong communication skills to earn the respect of the crews & customers. Qualifications in Civil Engineering would be an asset.
This position will require some weekend and evening responsibilities. Salary starts at $60k with full benefits package.
- Reviewing plans to determine project completion dates, crew staffing and material and equipment requirements.
- Measuring quantities, ordering supplies for projects and day to day monitoring of materials.
- Attending pre-construction and site meetings with clients.
- Communicating with customers regarding extra work done, change orders, and receiving appropriate sign offs.
- Ensuring safe working conditions for the crews and quality standards are met.
- Motivating crews to ensure that project timelines are met.
- Trouble shooting machinery and equipment.
- Communicating with back office staff regarding extra work done, change orders and submitting reports for invoicing and future biding purposes.
- Business development.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a project manager
- Previous road construction experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to motivate teams in a fast paced environment
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit