Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and Joy underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global's support people, and through its services located close to the mines.
A Project Manager may manage various projects at any given time and will be directly involved with clients. On a day-to-day basis, a Project Manager interacts with various groups and levels of management within the company. You will be required to travel to mine sites all over Canada.
- Manage (plan organize Direct control) capital projects (building and repair) on open mining equipment (draglines and shovels)
- Develop and implement plans to use material, labour and equipment efficiently for large capital projects (draglines and shovels)
- Develop and implement production schedules to keep with deadlines of large capital projects
- Manage the supply of components and materials needed for large capital projects
- Direct the control of quality on large capital projects
- Select and oversee staff for these projects
- Prepare and/or analyze applicable reports, drawings, specifications and related project documentation.
- Direct a project team and supervise team member's activities as well as manpower schedules.
- Attend client meetings.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Responsible for control of work in process.
- Attend sites to monitor progress and other duties.
- Liaise with clients on a technical level and present reports and presentations in a professional manner.
- Keep accurate time records for billing purposes and submit them on a weekly basis.
- Help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Travel associated with project work may be required; national trips will be expected with the possibility of extended stays.
- You will be required to travel to mine sites all over Canada (BC, SK, AB, NFLD, ON)
- Head office/Main location will be Joy Global Edmonton, AB
- At least 5 years of directly related experience in leading projects on draglines and/or mining hovels
- Experience in dragline and/or shovel maintenance planning
- Previous hands-on experience working as journeyman on Draglines and/or mining shovels
- Journeyman Millwright or Journeyman Machinist, Red Seal from any jurisdiction
- Certified Maintenance Planner
- Project Management Certificate
- Ability to read technical drawings and familiar with AutoCAD
- Extensive experience with surface mining equipment; mining shovels and draglines, draglines including shut downs is a must; dragline experience is a requirement for this role
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products including MS-Project
- Knowledge of SAP is required
- Knowledge Health and Safety Regulations & Health and Safety focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Wage & benefits
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive salary ($80,000-12,0000) and benefit package that includes Dental, medical and 2 weeks vacation
Excellent opportunities for professional growth.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. No agencies please.
Must at least 3 provided references to verify the above experience