The Manager Level in the Program Management role provides executives, customers, and project managers with necessary leadership, assistance, guidance, and advice to ensure good practices in standard methodologies and processes. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the program resources, assists in budget development, career planning for Analysts, and input into performance evaluations. The Manager tends to have a singular focus on a specific industry or type of service.
The Manager role provides executives, customers, and project managers with necessary leadership, assistance, guidance, and advice to ensure good practices in standard methodologies and processes. The manager is responsible for the structure, schedule and staffing requirements with a major emphasis on management and coordination tasks.
The Manager should have 7 or more years experience in Program Management with an understanding of account operations, P&L management, budget management, and program management methodologies. Team Lead experience desirable. A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or experience equivalent is required. Project Management Institute (PMI) education and certification is a plus. Technical knowledge a plus.Responsibilities:
- Assumes the principal program management leadership role. Maintains primary peer relationships with the customer.
- Conducts meetings, presentations and provides expert advice on program management practices.
- Accountable for integrated program plan delivery to the customer.
- Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates alternative design solutions to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Implements quality and change control procedures to ensure deliverables meet established plan.
- Utilizes and implements standard tracking and reporting methods and procedures to report status of assigned program
- forecasts, labor, and financial resources.
- Monitors the program resources.
- Defines and implements program management requirements and standards in order to provide accurate solutions to the customer
- Assists in budget development for the program.