HT Consulting is a Hamilton based Adaptive Technology company that provides turnkey computer systems and training for residential and educational clients across Ontario.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Adaptive Technology Trainer is responsible for the instruction of specialized software to students in an educational environment in the Niagara Peninsula.
All successful applicants are required to work in the Niagara Area.
This is an entry- level position. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support, instruct and train students and support staff in the use of computers, hardware, software, peripherals and assistive devices.
- Integrate assistive technology into an effective learning strategy in areas including written and oral expression, reading, listening, presenting, studying, memory, organization and evaluation.
- Schedule and implement training plans for students.
- Liaise with Learning Resource Teachers, Educational Assistants and parents in regard to student training plans.
Requirements and Experience:
- OCT (Ontario College of Teachers) or college diploma in Educational Support or Education Assistant diploma or a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience work with students strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Elementary and High School students.
- Familiarity with Kurzweil 3000, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Word Q/Speak Q, Inspiration, Kidspiration, and Smart Ideas.
- Experience in creating training material.
- Knowledge of Jaws for Windows, Zoomtext and Kurzweil 1000 is not required but would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to train students on adaptive software.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality.
- Must have a valid G License and access to a car.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit