The Branch Construction Manager will oversee and facilitate the construction activities of multiple projects by providing oversight and project support for the construction, safety, and quality related to new construction, renovations and various projects in Western Canada. The Branch Construction Manager primarily focuses on construction projects in the downstream oil and gas market and maintains and enhances regional customer relationships. The Branch Construction Manager is responsible for ensuring quality deliverables, on-time and within budget and meeting Western regional goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and directing activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Managing and reporting profit and loss of all projects.
- Verifying site conditions throughout project and documenting critical site details.
- Verifying that necessary critical documents, local rules, and permits are complete, delivered and/or posted.
- Communicating work schedules to various stakeholders.
- Taking actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at sites.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing customer relationships.
- Providing subject matter expertise to Sales/Customers to ensure award of contract.
- Performing pre-bid activities, to include necessary plans and specifications, scope review, request for quotes from subcontractors, conducts site survey, budget estimates and reporting.
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Interpreting and explaining plans and contract terms to various team members and clients.
- Working with customers, project managers, site supervisors, sub-contractors and Sales to discuss and resolve challenges.
- Directing and supervising project manager/s and branch team members.
- Enforces company safety regulations, standard operating procedures, and quality standards.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, etc.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or construction-related discipline from a reputable University/college program
- 8+ years of project management related experience in the construction industry
- Thorough knowledge of the construction industry, design, finance and management
- Experience managing multiple construction projects at various stages from the bidding process to completion
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills in working with team members, contractors, technicians, engineers, customers and management
- Strong analytical, costing and estimating skills
- Understanding of legal contracts, safety documents and other related construction forms.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of associates & management
- Proven judgment and decision-making ability
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple key project deliverables and keep priorities moving forward
- Experience with Project Management Software (Microsoft Project), Time Accounting Software, and MS Office
- Ability to read and understand financial statements as well as manage budgets exemplified in previous roles
- Experience with health and safety policies and processes in the construction industry
- Strong leadership and people management skills
*Candidates with experience specific to the downstream oil and gas industry will be given priority*
To apply, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to Priority Personnel Inc. indicating "Branch Construction Manager" in the subject line ASAP.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit