This position closes at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 12th, 2013.Overview
This is an initial contract through December 31, 2013.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst with upstream oil and gas experience, and ideally oil sands experience.
In this Business Analyst role, this person will be responsible for ensuring that our O&G Client's business requirements for Capital Project engineering, construction and document control are being met.
The selected resource will develop and maintain a strong relationship with their assigned business area to gain a sound knowledge and understanding of their functional/service portfolio. You will focus on business processes and align opportunities with enterprise strategies to ensure solutions are appropriate from both a Business and IT perspective.
Role and Responsibilities
General responsibilities of this BA include:
- Understand business objectives and challenges to develop a strategic and tactical demand plan enhancing the overall business, assist in the collation of that demand, and communicate a prioritized view to both the business and IT
- Analyze and model business domains to align requirements to current and future solutions. The BA actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities.
- Play an active role in the Facilities Engineering portfolio by facilitating the throughput of projects, maximizing benefits, managing risks/issues, confirming progress of delivery, and tracking benefits.
- Partner with other Business Analysts to analyze, define, and refine requirements for delivering business capability.
- Accountable for detailed requirements and their understanding by the solution delivery team.
- Stewards User Acceptance Testing to ensure the solution provided is tested and accepted by the business.
Some of the daily responsibilities of this BA include:
- Build and maintain a strong and on-going partnership with the internal client(s)
- Engage with the client on an on-going basis (before, during and after projects).
- Continuously update opportunities in the portfolio.
- Represent the interests of all stakeholder groups in new business solution design and delivery
- Thoroughly understand and define the business need and ensure that the right opportunity is being addressed
- Take accountability for solution/program results
- Influence decisions, strategy and direction
- Utilize their knowledge and experience to deliver significant and measurable improvements.
- Align the business need and requirements to IT enterprise roadmaps and Enterprise Architecture standards.
How to Apply
- BA certification and applicable BA experience
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of an in-depth understanding of Capital Projects life cycle and associated document control practices with emphasis on engineering and construction phases (it would be preferred if this was obtained working within an E&P organization or EPC company.
- 10+ years directed or actively participated in the development of and/or execution of a large corporate IT initiative.
- 10+ years Experience with Engineering Document and Data Management solutions.
- Upstream oil and gas experience (oil sands experience is a plus)
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and influence decisions with clients
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and adherence to information sharing and best practices
- Ability to effectively motivate, communicate, and leverage skills and competencies of individuals.
If you meet the required Qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your updated Resume with the Subject line WW1593 - Business Analyst as a Word attachment to Information Technology Recruitment.
This client will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in Canada for this opportunity.