This is a great opportunity to grow a territory! The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a strong tactical sales background. A strong understanding and history executing sales techniques as well as experience implementing processes that have resulted in achieving or surpassing their targets/goals will lead to success.
This individual must have a background in creating B2B relationship and solution based programs. In addition, this candidate as well, should have extensive experience in territory management that leads to maximum account contact coverage. This person must also have proven experience with budgeting, monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecasting with tight proven results, strategic planning, and customer retention. As a Field Sales Manager within Cemetery Products, the candidate will be an integral part of the total field sales team, playing a key role in the selling process and able to identify opportunities to increase market presence to meet aggressive sales goals. This position reports to the Director of Sales, Canada.
Essential duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Is responsible to meet or exceed target volumes for memorial sales within an assigned territory, including inflationary dollar volume.
- Is responsible to work directly with the Inside Sales Rep to develop and maximize account strategies and sales results.
- Closely monitors all year over year units and sales dollars to identify bleeds, develops plan of action to correct bleed and gain senior leadership approval prior to implementation
- Leverages all marketing programs including The Remembrance Process to maintain or grow share
- Continually identifies "Target" accounts and ranks them in by degree of difficulty (chances of success), develops plan of action to gain these accounts
- Responsible for updating/maintaining target account tracking/accountability system
- Be able to demonstrate compelling sales presentations
- Develops and maintains good customer relations
- Performs all training, including sales and products
- Attends pre -approved National, State, and Regional conventions and trade shows
- Plans, logs, and makes sales calls
- Prepares weekly expense reports
- Prepares weekly sales reports
- Prepares and understands forecasting and budget reports in addition to territory reviews
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution plus two to five years proven selling experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to prepare and present business proposals
- Strong sales training and presentation skills
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office 2007, particularly Excel
- Detail oriented with outstanding communication skills
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen
- Candidate will need to reside or be domiciled within the territory
- A valid driver's license is required for business travel
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Should be able to travel up to 80% of the time and be available weekends or evenings for entertaining clients or completing projects.
- Must be able to entertain and carry balance on personal credit card for a 30 day period
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Negotiating skills