Senior Information Management Advisor
Consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Health Data Branch, where you will provide leadership in data submissions and reporting in support of Ontario's health care service reporting, funding, planning, accountability and monitoring requirements.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• act as a primary contact and subject matter expert for the Ontario Health Data Standards
• provide consulting service, advice and education on application of standards and related issues
• lead and provide expertise for the development, expansion, evaluation, maintenance and enhancement of clinical, financial and statistical data
• support various data quality investigations and other analysis of financial, statistical and clinical data sets to ensure availability and quality of clinical data for strategic funding, policy and business planning decisions
Location: 5700 Yonge Street, North York, Ontario
How do I qualify?
• you have knowledge of the Ministry's priorities and strategic directions for health care delivery systems and health systems operations, issues and related legislation (e.g. Public Hospitals Act, Ministry of Health Act, Private Hospitals Act, FIPPA, LTCH Act) and other relevant health legislation and standards
• you have knowledge of financial, clinical, statistical and information planning systems, websites and databases (e.g. Case Costing, Provincial Chart of Accounts, Hospital Service Accountability Agreement, Hospital Annual Planning Submissions, Ontario Health Care Financial and Statistical Systems, Ontario Health Care Reporting Standard, Long-Term Care Homes Rate Reduction Application, data submissions) and common office software applications
Research and Data Analysis Skills:
• you have knowledge of research theory and methodology, data analysis models and techniques, data interpretation, evaluation and reporting and data quality assurance techniques and tools
Conceptual, Analytical, Strategic-Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills:
• you can analyze and evaluate highly complex data and statistics to support policy development, accountability and funding issues
• you can identify, manage, monitor and track systems changes and assess impacts and risks
Project Management and Leadership Skills:
• you can lead, plan, prioritize and manage analytical and reporting projects
• you can balance a demanding workload with competing priorities
Communication, Consultative, Negotiation and Relationship Management Skills:
• you can provide consultation on data submission and reporting requirements and processes
• you can prepare complex data information, briefing and issues management materials, reports and correspondence
• you can establish and foster productive cross-sector relationships with senior-level decision makers, stakeholders and clients
Note: as a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013 and the job code identified in this posting is subject to revision; in the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position has not yet been determined
Salary range: $73,443.00 – $95,213.00 per year
Please apply online, by March 4, 2013, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering
Job ID 49604 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.